Photoshoot with Mom

I was at work listening to music through my headphones when I was struck with an idea for a photo!
I have to call mom, I thought.  Lunch time finally rolled around and I gave mom a call and said, Mom, I need (yes NEED, when inspiration hits, it feels so urgent) you to model for me! She replied, OK, but no nudes.  We both laughed and that was it. Mom was going to willingly be a model. Usually she fights me on having her picture taken.  "Why did you wait until I got old to want to take my picture?" You had me in your late 30s, by the time I got good enough at photography, sorry you were old.
When I do portraits with someone, I like to have a character or a story or a feeling for them to act out.  If they embody it, it will come through in the photos.  With Mom, I told her, look, you're not you, you're a badass, pistol packing action heroine like in the movies.  We picked out some clothes and I put her in one of my blonde wigs so she could look in the mirror and not see, mom, but this character.  I do believe it worked.  Sound off in the comments!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts