A list of lady 'togs

What a time to be a woman film photographer! I know there will always be someone that is more skilled, disciplined, imaginative, etc than I am.  But I can't let that stop me from doing what I enjoy and basking in the fleeting glow of internet attention.
Speaking of attention, I've popped up on a list of lady photographers to follow! The Casual Photophile has started a monthly article about women that shoot film that you should see. Immediately my imposter syndrome bubbled to the surface as I read through the list and looked at the other women's work.  "Wow! What am I doing on this list, these ladies are amazing!"  I had to acknowledge that feeling and then say to it, "The author of this article sees the value in your work. Smile and say thank you and leave it at that" My feed isn't slick, clean, and skillfully sequenced. But if you take the time to look at what I'm doing, I think viewers will eventually understand how my mind works and how that translates into each image.
I highly encourage you to check out Casual Photophile's site for articles and their Instagram

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts