I entered a call for artists

This must be the time for me to do things I had said I wouldn't because I entered a call for artists. 
I made a point to no longer enter calls with an entry fee, I blew them off as cash grabs. I read an email newsletter one day about a call for artists for an art fundraiser for a local nonprofit. I clicked on it, just to see how much the fee was and I read there was an option to simply donate your art to the non profit and if it sold they would keep the funds. It sounded like a cool way to help out and the theme sparked an idea so I decided to go for it.
I told my pal Britten (pictured in this post) about the call for artists and the idea I had for it and she was all about it! We met about five years ago at work and have pretty much been shooting together ever since. We make a great team! We agreed to keep mum about the photographs until after I found out if I got in or not.
Well on Monday I received an email stating that my pieces were accepted into the show. Now being who I am and not allowing myself to enjoy a moment for longer than two seconds, I read in the artist packet that although they accept, they may not necessarily display your piece in the show. *sad trombone* So we'll see if the pieces actually get hung in the show. 
So I'm off to fill out these forms and buy frames and install wires for hanging (to the YouTube!) and I'll let know how it turns out. 

Comments

Popular Posts