I really like instax

Diana Instant Square 
Lomo Instant Automat Magellan Glass
Fujifilm Instax 210

I began my journey into instax with a Diana Instant back. Composing with a Diana F+ with the instant back was a challenge. Undeterred, I also used the back on my Diana Multi Pinhole Operator. Which was really fun! 
My GAS kicked in and I wanted more. I then went on the evil temptress ebay and bought a Lomo Instant Automat Magellan. It's not a cumbersome setup like the instant back so definitely a step up when it came to the shooting experience. 
I fell for the Lomography kickstarter and bought the Diana Instant Square. Since I enjoy Dianas this is just using a big Diana. They all use the same lenses also! 
I ran across a great deal on Fuji wide film on B&H Photo and I thought hmm I'm tempted but do I really need to have instant cameras in all the formats? Well a listing for Fuji 210 answered that question for me and I bought it and packs of film and they both arrived at my door on the same day.  Yes I have a spending problem when it comes to photography but I figure there are much worse vices to have in life.  How about you, what gets you spending your hard earned dough photography-wise? 

Comments

  1. Instax is pretty great. I got into Instax Wide lately thanks to Noah Waldeck (another Michigander). I have the Lomo'Instant Automat Glass for Mini, and I'm loving that. My Instax Square SQ6 is busted and I'm going to try to frankenstein it into a back for my Hasselblad :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Will, repurposing that square sounds awesome, I hope it works! I bought a ton of instax mini on B&H awhile back, so I have no excuse not to shoot my Automat a ton.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts