The power of giving

The camera my dad gave me for my 12th birthday:

My photographic journey began in earnest after my dad gave me my first 35mm camera for my birthday when I was a kid. Gifts often seem like a simple thing but they can be quite powerful and not to be overly dramatic, life altering!
Even when they're not as dramatic as that, they are still a quite meaningful gesture.  I have been given gifts by in real life friends as well as online ones that have really touched me with their thoughtfulness.  From camera bodies to film to prints, I cherish it. 
I try to pass the blessing on when I can to other photographers that I think could use it and appreciate it. They say that by giving, you help to manifest abundance in your own life.  It definitely adds an abundance of good feelings that's for sure. Who couldn't use that? 

Comments

Popular Posts