Seizing Opportunity

My Kansas zine got me thinking about seizing opportunity. When Charlie from themselves press offered to put together and sell my zine under her imprint, I could have hesitated, but I didn't.  I'd be lying if I said doubt never entered my mind about a zine about Kansas because it did. Not that I thought my zine about Kansas wouldn't be interesting, I doubted people would give it a chance, look at it, be won over and actually click Buy. But for once, I didn't let doubt stop me.

Once it was up for sale, I saw just who in my circle were truly interested go-getters, jumping at the chance to buy my zine, and who simply thought it would be a nice gesture but had no sense of urgency or importance about the purchase and let the weekend slip by as the zine surprisingly quickly, sold out its limited number of copies. Oh I'll order tomorrow.  Oh they'll print more. Nope and nope. Let this be a lesson, if you see something you really want, go after it.  That moment's hesitation costs. 

Comments

  1. Glad I got mine via the Themselves Press Patreon! Means no stressing haha :D Glad that Charlie made this one happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie did a bang up job, I can't wait to see it and hold it in my hot little hands! Soon! I have the tracking number! 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts