Zine update!

I'm probably the most excited about this part of my zine journey. A Love Letter to Kansas is a part of the collection at the Wichita Public Library!
I wondered what my call number would be, maybe 770(photographs)? But how fitting that I end up in 978.1, a history and geography call number, since I reject the label of artist and photographer. Which I was just saying to a friend, that it felt like such a pretentious artist thing to say.
I joked about languishing on the shelf until finally being weeded. But I'm happy to say that I have one circulation already and a hold request! I must say my friends really do come through for me.
I allowed myself a twinge of pride when I searched my name in the catalog and it came up. I also screenshot it and sent it to friends. I even kept the gift card my coworker filled out when she donated her copy of the zine to the library. 
It is my hope that someone other than folks I know will stumble upon my humble little zine and think Hmm, wow this is at the library? And check it out. And make their own book.
I know this bit of hubbub will quiet and disappear. The time is now to do more work.  Plan the next thing and execute.  But for now, I'm going to enjoy the moment for a moment. 

Comments

Popular Posts