To be the muse

I was daydreaming about being the muse. The possessor of that mystical quality that begs to be captured on film (or SD card 😂). I let my mind wander recently to the fantasy of being beautiful and photogenic.
Just as I was at my most despondent about the unfortunate state of my body and face, I remembered that I am to draw from my own well.  I am to look within for strength and beauty and ultimately acceptance and celebration. I am muse and artist. I am the source.  So I will behave as such.
It's so easy to slip and fall into the trap of pity. Instead of lying there crying at the bottom, thinking why no one will save me, I will scratch and claw my way out of the pit. It doesn't matter if no one wants my picture. I will love myself fully and take my own damn picture.

Comments

Popular Posts