I went on a photowalk!

A shot of me at the walk by Steven Williams

I know, I'm shocked too! Seems like all the  photo related groups that gather do their organizing on Facebook.  All I use is Facebook messenger so I am not in the loop of what is happening locally among folks with cameras.
But a friend from back in the Flickr group days (how we met in the first place) let me know of the downtown photowalk scheduled for this past Saturday. I decided to go.  I figured I'd be lone film shooting weirdo, and I was.  I've grown accustomed to being the only whatever in the odd places I decide to go. I think I must revel in it, part of that thing in me that just has a need to feel special. But I digress, Saturday was a rainy morning, I was concerned about the meet up actually happening but thankfully the rain stopped and the show went on. 
I had a roll loaded in my Olympus XA1 already and my friend said he'd bring me a roll of Lomo purple in 120 so I brought my Diana F+ and a roll redscale too in case I decided I wasn't feeling purple in the cloudy gloom.
Sure enough, right as I was parking my car, it began to rain again. No umbrella in the car but I had the goofy straw hat my bff Megan won for me during the mini tour kick off party at old chicago still in my back seat so I shoved it on my head and walked to the meet up spot.  
Tiny point and shoot in hand and toy camera slung over my shoulder, I spotted a guy with a dslr so I figured he was part of the group.  We then headed closer to the building and there were the others and then we were off!
Closeups of flowers and veggies for sale were shot, not by me of course, I have to be at least 3 feet away from a subject with the cameras I had with me so no worries of me duplicating those shots.  It was fun to walk with the guys and be up for the challenge of not shooting what they shot or how they shot them, being altogether makes you think harder about seeing things differently from each other. We'll see how well I did probably next week when the lab gets my film and complete my order. I still need to finish the roll in the Diana, redscale is what I decided to load.
Good times were had by all. I hope to be included in future walks, if they'll invite me! 

Comments

Popular Posts