2021 Spooky Shoot

Ty from the coffee shop and I from the library set a time to meet up and do a spooky shoot.  I bought some goth men's rings and a necklace and borrowed a cut glass wine goblet from a friend and headed for the cemetery.
It's funny, I wasn't nervous as we talked about the idea for a photo. I wasn't nervous picking out film and cameras or just waiting for the Saturday to come. I sat in my car in the cemetery waiting for him to arrive. It got real and I got nervous. Felt kind of ridiculous being nervous about something I do for fun but I was meeting a stranger. I don't usually take pictures of people I don't know. I shoot my friends and there is already a comfort level and trust is long since established so we can just relax. Well I can relax. Haha
He shows up in good spirits and ready to work.  So I get started and the nerves subside. 
Working with a pro is definitely different. As soon as I raised the camera he was already posing, asking me what he should do.  Hang tight while I get you in focus! I think he's used to things moving faster but I was using all manual cameras so things were at a bit slower pace. I even had some gear issues, not uncommon when you're shooting old cameras but after taking a breath to settle my brain I got it going again and we finished up the shoot. He said he enjoyed shooting with me but of course I wondered after we parted ways if he underestimated my abilities because I work slowly and my equipment wasn't cooperating the entire time.  I know I do good work but I did have concerns about how I came across.  I let those doubts leave my head because I knew my vision would be confirmed once scans were back from the lab.
Sound off in the comments about the results. 


Comments

Popular Posts