Christmas in the Square

I have been working on a project with my friend Amelia since April of this year. I feel like we've made good progress but we still have a long way to go.  Normally when I get an idea I want to move fast and get through it and finish. This has been a test of patience and definitely something I need.
I went out to St John for their Christmas in the Square celebration.  Admittedly I wasn't feeling very inspired to shoot but I knew I needed to push through and capture something during this time.
I shot the banner that read Merry Christmas that was hung across the street leading to the square.  Christmas music played as I walked to the old Dillons to see the vendors, Santa and to buy a couple raffle tickets for a gift card to the White's Foodliner. The winner was drawn before the parade but sadly I did not win. Oh well.  Amelia and I ate at the Mexican restaurant and finished eating just in time for the parade.  I shot a few frames of the floats then walked to the square to shoot it since it was then lit up. 
It was a short jaunt out to St John this time and I don't feel particularly confident about it but hopefully when I get my film developed, there will be something we can use.  Fingers crossed! This project has been quite the journey so far. 

Comments

Popular Posts