The release of the King of the Plains

It's here! The album is released and ready for you to listen on vinyl and on various streaming platforms!
February 25th, my best friend and I made the trek to Yates Center for the release celebration.  As I write this, I am reminded that when something really awesome happens,  she's been there.  I'm grateful for her ongoing support of my creative endeavors.  
I figured I would just sit and watch the show,  give Jesse a hearty congratulations, get my copy of the vinyl and make the trek back to Wichita.  But about 45 minutes into the show,  Jessie the MC for the evening and also Jesse's songwriting partner, decided to introduce me to the crowd.  I was surprised but I stood up and waved and that probably answered a lot of questions folks had when someone you don't know rolls into your small town.  
Jesse's musician friends all played and Jesse finally played and it was a feelgood evening overall. 
The merch table looked like it was doing brisk business and my friend got 2 copies of the vinyl, one for her, one for her dad so that felt good to see as well.  
This is not my first album cover photo though.  It is the first one where I felt truly recognized and appreciated and hell I'll say it, compensated for my contribution to the album's art.  I suppose it's another sign out there in the world of my own evolution. Valuing who I am and what I do so much more than I have in the past.  I still have a long way to go and I still battle that past version of myself but I feel different.  
Neville Goddard said, everyone is you pushed out,  so if I'm a stronger more confident me, I'll see that reflected back. 
I am excited for the future and what great things I'll do and make and experience!

Comments

Popular Posts