Stafford County Project


In April 2021, my friend Amelia and I met over baskets of fried goodies in Reno County to discuss doing a photo and essay project about her home county of neighboring Stafford.  We planned out locations and times of year to document and wax poetic.
I then spent the rest of the year and a good chunk of 2022 driving out to Stafford to shoot.   I was trying different film emulsions and cameras, just to see what I'd get.  I couldn't commit to only color or only black and white which is typical for me.  I want to see things all sorts of ways.  For better or for worse, that's how I am with photography and I'm fine with that. 
It is currently August 2023 and I felt this need to do something with these photos RIGHT NOW.  She hadn't written anything and I hadn't really gone over what I'd shot but I had to do something.  So I started! 
It felt very slow at first, hunting down almost 2 years of photos and attempting to order them to make sense.  But I did it.  At least it makes sense to me.  So Stafford County from the Outside In now exists on magcloud.com and is for purchase in print or you can get the pdf for free! I mainly wanted to get these photos out of my head and off my hard drive and into the world at large.   I hope you'll take a moment to look. 

Comments

Popular Posts