Stick Work

There are times when I get bored and I just want to see what serendipity will give me.  I have a fragment of an idea and let the universe do the rest.  This is my approach to double exposure.
There's an art installation here in town, Stickwork,  that I'd been itching to photograph.  I wanted to photograph my muse/friend Britten there but it's been hot which doesn't bother me when I get activated by an idea but I understand that modeling is already challenging so best to shoot her there when the weather is a bit more comfortable.  So there had to be a way to act on this soon right? Yes,  double exposure! 
I loaded a roll of New Classic EZ 400 film in my Horizon Perfekt, a panoramic camera and a roll of Lomochrome Turquoise in my Pentax K1000 and shot all around the installation. 
I met up with Britten at a climate controlled coffee shop and blew through the 2 rolls on her lovely face.  I got the results of this experiment from the lovely and patient folks at Boutique Film Lab in Nashville TN.
I still plan to shoot Britten at the art installation before it is gone.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts