Access

If you had told me that I would be able to shoot a photo for a band's album cover when I first started shooting bands in bars and sharing the pics on MySpace, I wouldn't have believed you.
The album, Age of Change, by my doom rock pals, Snowchild, that see you pictured, uses a photo I shot as the source of their cover art.
I think of what opportunities I would have missed had I not taken my camera to live shows at the bars and venues in town for years. My camera gave me entre into a world of truly talented musicians that I admire. It helped me make the transition from fan to friend. Access. It's key to getting photographs you couldn't get any other way.  They know you, they trust you, they let you in. 
The guys in Snowchild knew plenty of other skilled photographers but they chose my photograph to use. This album came out a handful of years ago now but as you can tell, I'm still quite proud.  Check them out, if you're into Sabbath like metal and doom, you'll like them.
Keep shooting, keep sharing, keep making connections with your camera.

Comments

Popular Posts