Nina's first roll of film

Nina Winter is a textile artist and educator with a sewing studio here in Wichita called TISSU Sewing Studio.  Nina and I met through a mutual friend that took a sewing class. 
Nina knows that I primarily shoot film and expressed interest in shooting film herself! In the spirit of keeping film alive,  I suggested we meet at Great Plains Nature Center and she could use one of my cameras and we'd go over the basics of the exposure triangle and let her loose. 
Nina was hesitant at first about shooting an entire roll herself but after some reassurance and prodding her to continue so she'd get the practice, she embraced the 24 frames and finished the roll! She went back to shooting on her phone and lamented that the experience just wasn't the same now.  
I had her rewind the film back into the canister and give me the film and camera.  I told her this roll was on me and that I'd send it off to my favorite lab,  Boutique Film Lab in Tennessee. 
Here are a few examples of Nina's first roll of film.  She shot Konica VX400 Monochrome (I asked if she wanted to shoot color or bw and she chose bw. I went with a c41 bw that uses color chemicals for processing) through my Pentax K1000, a camera often used by students.  

Comments

Popular Posts