The X-Pro Pano Experiment

As I was gathering up my cameras and film selections for my trip to Minden Nebraska and a couple points in between,  I landed on my Horizon Perfekt, a swing lens panoramic camera that shoots 35mm film.  Since I'd mostly be shooting landscapes I figured panoramic would be a good choice, but what film?
I have a bag of various emulsions that a friend in film gifted me and I pulled out a roll of Kodak Ektachrome 64 of unknown expiration date and storage conditions.  I thought to myself, I could cross process this roll of E6 slide film,  just to give myself more of a chance at getting images! Ever the gambler when it comes to this sort of thing, I loaded it!
I hate tripods and I've gotten pretty good at holding still and level enough to be able to shoot this thing at pretty slow shutter speeds so away I snapped!  Did I mention the frame counter doesn't work? Well it doesn't and by the end of the trip I still had frames left I just didn't know how many.  So on another weekend,  I took it and a couple other cameras with film I started but hadn't finished to Abilene ks to the Eisenhower presidential library and shot the last 2 frames on the roll.  
Today I received an email from Old School Photo Lab saying that my xpro roll was complete and asking if they could share my results! I said sure before I'd even seen the scans myself. I figured wow they must be really good if they're asking to share! Feel free to judge for yourself and leave me a comment!
Bunker Hill, KS
Pioneer Village,  Minden, NE
Eisenhower Presidential Library campus, Abilene, KS



Comments

Popular Posts