Yes, but did you pinhole?

About a month ago I was driving past one of the cemeteries I live by and I spotted a tree cracked in half! It must have been struck by lightning and I was struck by the lines it made in the scene. I thought to myself,  I need to go in there with a camera.  I know I had my phone but I prefer to shoot with a dedicated camera.  It just feels better to me
So the next day I went in and shot it on a couple different emulsions with point and shoot cameras on my way to work.  As I shot the scene,  I had another thought,  pinhole!
By the time I got around to going back in there to shoot it with my Diana Instant Square using the pinhole setting and my Zero Image 2000 6x6 pinhole,  someone had put caution tape around it! Disappointed but undeterred I carried on.  This is where the mishaps occurred.  I'd forgotten to bring batteries for my Diana and sure enough it died before I got through my pack.  My zero image had a bit more serious problem,  it was missing a piece that holds the film spool, the screw was screwed into nothing.  I was already out so I decided to press on and just see if I could get it to advance. It did very stiffly near the end of the roll and of course resulted in a fat roll. 
I sent off the long expired roll of Kodak Tri-X 400 to Old School Photo Lab in New Hampshire and here are some of the results. 

Comments

Popular Posts